Rates & Policies
For counseling services contact the office for rates.
For psychological evaluation the fee schedule varies. It is based on the referral question, the number and types of tests administered and the frequency and total duration of the services among other considerations. Communicate with Dr. Tangen directly to go over the specific details of your case and the cost options.
Call your carrier before scheduling the first appointment to confirm your benefits and policy limits under your plan and to determine if Dr. Tangen is an in network provider. For assistance refer to the Health Care Plan Benefits & Payment Agreement form located on the Forms page on this site.
Health care plans are continuously added. Contact the office to find out if your plan is now accepted.
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
The client is responsible for any applicable deductibles and copayments or other services not covered by the health care plan. Payment is collected at the time services are rendered. If the client is not eligible for benefits, then he or she is responsible for the full session rate. Cash, personal or cashier’s check and major credit cards are accepted. A processing fee is applied to all credit card transactions. A $35 administrative fee is placed on personal checks that are returned for non-sufficient funds.
Cancellation & Missed Appointments
A scheduled appointment means that time has been reserved for you. If you are unable to attend an appointment, a 48-hour advance notice is requested to avoid any charges. If an appointment is canceled with less than 48-hour notice or missed, then the client will be billed directly. The client is responsible for full payment of the session fee. Health care plans do not cover payment for this.
All information between Dr. Tangen and the client is held strictly confidential. Notable exceptions include:
- The client authorizes a release of information with his or her signature.
- The client has become gravely disabled or presents a physical danger to self, others or property.
- Child, dependent adult or elder abuse or neglect is suspected.
- The client does not pay for services and formal collection becomes necessary.
- When information is subpoenaed by a court of law and an order is issued.
- Parents or legal guardians of non-emancipated minors have the right to access the client’s records.
- Disclosures made during a medical-legal evaluation.
Dr. Tangen is required by law to inform potential victims and legal authorities so that protective measures can be taken.